Digital Innovation and Graphic Design of Catalogs for 30 YearsPortfolio of Graphic Design Catalog Projects
Catalogs are a primary form of advertising for many industries who use them to market their products.
In 1989, we were the first in the region to graphically design and produce a catalog digitally 1.
Catalogs are chosen because they allow ample space to:
- address markets specifically and accurately and enable you to position your company favorably
- generate sales and build customer confidence
- allow the display of product attractively since you control the photography and layout
- communicate product features and benefits and answer questions
We love them because they utilize our digital graphic design strengths and project management skills. They are large projects take weeks or months to produce instead of hours.
Scroll down for more…
In 1995 we started designing catalogs for RSL, Inc. in Egg Harbor Township, NJ. We have been honored to continue with RSL and also create and manage their website. Posted below are ten catalogs since 2000, (and others in the millwork industry). RSL produces a new catalog every other year with the most recent being 2017. The process is collaborative and credit their attractiveness and effectiveness to their guidance and tweaking. We appreciate that RSL refers us to other companies (their customers) to design and produce their marketing materials. Our graphic design services were seen as a marketing advantage
In addition to design, all product images (photography) is prepared for use and digitally enhanced in PhotoShop. Raw photos are scaled, sharpened and put into frames. All home beauty shots that present their doorglass in entryways are PhotoShopped and similarly improved for print, pdf distribution 2 and web.
1. We created a catalog for Westminster Chimney Supply in July 1989 on the first Linotronic imagesetter. We brought the films to PrintArt (local brick & mortar print company now going by the name Omega). At the time Dean Somers was running much of the business and he accepted the films, but warned that they would not be responsible for the result! It was their first experience with digitally created film.
2. The future of catalog distribution is digital. Here is an example of a flyer that allows
If you plan to print, please call us for a quote or visit our sister company – Printing-Advantage.
Medical Software projects are 12-40 page publications with the emphasis on providing product descriptions, features and benefits. Text is more important than images, but graphic design presents the material attractively.